Thursday 7 July 2011



Before I go to bed I open my bedroom window (wide open) and stick my head out. Breathing. At night I'm always more calm and present. The sky is never completely dark in summer nights. Nuances of blue fading. I see silhouettes of cranes by the harbour, industries and skyscrapers blur in mist. Streaks of clouds thin as veils. Squeaks and din from the train yard. Distant sounds of labour.

In the morning I eat oatmeal and half a grapefruit. Two cups of tea. Sounds of the train yard pierce my kitchen windows.

The herringbone parquet creaks as I walk around my apartment. The water kettle whistles. The sound of an SMS (hopes). I try to embrace as many things as I can (sounds, atmospheres). A record crackles ...

(right-click, "save link as...")

1 comment:

  1. themysterymachine16 January 2012 at 05:14

    giving this one alot of listening in the past few days. much appreciating your posting.
    can you tell me the title of the song that begins at around 6:00? the sweet melodic guitar number? thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete